Please check here regularly for the latest in coaching and umpire development opportunities.
Expectations of an Umpire
Take it seriously
- Make umpiring a positive experience.
- Be confidence & committed
- Pride in your appearance & performance
- Progression from trainee to badged umpire
- Look tidy
- White top & white skirt/shorts are compulsory.
- Appropriate sport shoes
- Professional appearance.
- What to bring
- Whistle, hand held and metal
- Rule book for reference
- Wrist band for center passes
- You’re not alone
- DO NOT engage in discussion with spectators.
- If you have difficulty with spectators, coaches or players, speak to your supervisor who is there to support you.
- This is a job
- You are expected to attend all rostered times. If you have a problem with your roster you would need to speak to the umpire coordinator.