Junior Leadership Scholarship Program
The Peninsula Waves Pathway Program is offering a Leadership opportunity to develop the next generation of young coaches aged 13 – 15 years.
This Program is a chance for young netballer’s at your club who show excellent leadership qualities, good work ethic and a commitment to their sport to come together with other like minded peers to develop the future generation of young coaches and prepare them for club coaching and beyond. Participants will gain the practical skills and understanding around becoming an inclusive and positive coach as well as obtain their foundation coaching accreditation, and follow up mentoring from an elite coach.
- Applicants must be Aged between 13-15 years in 2019 and be a NV Member.
- Applicants must be a member from a Netball Club participating at MPNA, Nepean or FDNA
- Applicants must fill out and return an application from with an endorsement from a committee member from their club that they display the necessary leadership and teamwork qualities to be considered for a position, including a statement about why they want to be part of the program
- Willing to complete the following course requirements
- Attend the leadership/coaching workshop day (Sunday 27th October 10-2pm)
- Complete 10 hours of assistant coaching work signed off by a club coach.
- Attend 1 x HPP Junior Holiday Clinic to assist head coaches as an apprentice
This Fully funded Scholarship will involve
A full day junior coaching and leadership workshop incl. resources and lunch.
- Sponsored Foundation Coaching Accreditation and Manual
- Coaching Whistle
- Coaching Log Book
- Coaches Whiteboard/Clipboard
- Ongoing mentoring and support
This will prepare these young coaches with the theoretical and practical skills for future coaching endeavours, as well as acknowledging and celebrating the young leaders in our local community and giving them an opportunity to give back to the club that has supported them.
Download the application form here, and please share with the young 13-15 Year olds in your club. We have a strictly limited cap of 25 participants in the program, and all applications must be endorsed by a committee member at their club with a statement about why they would like to be a part of the program.
Applications Close 11th October 2019.